Hairstylist/Barber Position Needed for Non-Surgical Hair Replacement Salon Stylist For Men
My rapidly growing hair salon is a specialty salon for men. We are NOT a traditional salon. This is non-surgical hair replacement for men. We specialize in making the finest custom hair systems on the market and catering to men of all ages who are experiencing hair loss for various reasons, including male pattern baldness, genetic history, medical conditions, surgery aftershock etc.
These are NOT toupee’s, but rather extremely realistic customized hair systems, meant to meet the exact hair loss issues each man is going through. No two men are experiencing the same hair loss pattern. Hair loss at any age, but especially while young, can really destroy a man’s confidence and self esteem. We are not just in the business of of giving men their hair back, but completely changing their lives!
This role is extremely rewarding and gratifying. This is a private matter for the clients, so we are very discreet, and styling sessions are always by appt, private and 1 on 1.
For this role no experience is necessary in hair replacement, and everything will be taught.
Requirements for this role:
· Must have Cosmetology or Barber License by the state of Texas
· Must have 3 or more years in men’s hair cutting experience, color not required and will be taught if necessary – will consider less than 3 years if your experience is in men’s hair alone and not women
· Must be able to do modern men’s haircuts and styles, like tapers, fades, edge outs, etc.
· Must be a very detailed and meticulous stylist
· Have the ability to problem solve and use common sense
· Must be VERY personable and outgoing
· Must be clean cut and neat in appearance – showing up properly groomed and well dressed is a must. We are the face and image of beauty and sloppiness is not acceptable
· Must have a good sense of humor
· Must be comfortable working with men of all ages from 20-60, however the majority of the clientele is between 20-35.
· Must be extremely kind and respectful with a good heart – these clients are going though a lot losing their hair and can be insecure, so having a sensitive and caring nature is a must
· Must have a flexible schedule
· Must be interested in this role as a life changing career and not just a job
· No job hoppers
· Must have stability
· Must have reliable transportation
· Must be extremely punctual and reliable
· Must have excellent customer service and people skills
· Must have a clean background with no criminal history – a background check will be done
To start this is a part time role averaging about 25-30 hours per week. During the first 3 months you will go though a full comprehensive training program with the owner and will be taught all the trade secrets of the business, and will be shown how be the best stylist in this unique industry that is rapidly growing and very lucrative.
During the 3 month training program pay is $20 per hour.
Upon completion of training pay will increase to $30 per hour.
There is a built in clientele. You don’t need to bring in new clients, but rather just focus on caring for the current clients you see and becoming an expert at this craft.
Position is designed to gradually increase you to full time as you become more experienced and more comfortable. Ideally would like to have this position at a full time status within 6-8 months.
This is a contractor position and not an employee. You will be responsible for your own taxes as taxes will not be taken out of your check. Pay is twice a month on the 5th and on the 19th of the month.
This position is 6 days a week, with Sundays off.
Example of schedule will be Mon-Friday 1:00pm-7:00pm, and Saturday from 10:00am-2:30pm. Hours will vary slightly and a set schedule will be discussed during the interview.
Once full time status is reached, some benefits will be given. There are no healthcare benefits, but you will receive a 1 week paid vacation, 2 sick days, and 2 personal days fully paid.
Role needs to be filled and will begin by Monday July 27th.
You can go to the website to learn and see our work. www.studio413hair.com
If you meet all the above requirements, please respond to this AD, with your resume and a short cover letter on why this position sounds interesting to you, and what would make you a great fit for this role. If there is no cover letter, there will be no reply. Thanks for reading. God Bless and good luck!